Come join our team as a full-time Civil Engineer (5+ Years Experience)! Osborn Consulting, Inc. (OCI) is consistently named one of Washington’s Best Workplaces (2015-2018 by the Puget Sound Business Journal). We’re a full-service civil engineering firm focusing on water resources, utilities, and environmental services, including engineering, modeling, and analysis for transportation, development, restoration, and mitigation projects. We supply a full range of services to government agencies, tribal districts, neighborhood groups, and developers.
This position is an excellent career opportunity for the right individual who desires to make an impact in a privately-held, small business. At OCI, we believe our success stems from each and every individual employee.
Our new team member must be well-organized, thorough, and trustworthy, with excellent verbal and writing skills, and the ability to multi-task. The following are general responsibilities:
- Prepare and review technical memoranda, reports, drawings, specifications, and miscellaneous contract documents and deliverables.
- Provide quality engineering reports, calculations, basic illustrations and design drawings.
- Conduct site visits including construction oversight and inspections.
- Provide design solutions for projects within budget and time schedules, ensuring compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices, and client and OCI standards.
- Develop plans, specifications, and engineer estimates.
- Provides Deputy Project Management support and task management on projects.
- Responsible for working with field and GIS staff to compile existing condition to support design progression.
- Provide support to the Project Manager for the coordination and development of all project deliverables, including reports, presentations, databases, etc. and ensuring they meet all project requirements.
- QA/QC of work by others to ensure completeness and accuracy of team deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field required.
- Hold a Washington P.E. registration or be able to obtain within six months.
- 5-10 years of experience in design, planning, and implementation of civil design projects with project management experience preferred.
- Experience designing Washington state Municipal public works projects including design of sewer and storm drain hydraulics and hydrology and other public works facilities and infrastructure projects.
- Principles and practices of project design and design development through the use of computer aided design software; AutoCAD Civil3D, MGSFlood, WWHM, MicroStation, INRoads, SWMM, HEC-RAS, etc.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of state and local stormwater, wastewater, and/or surface water industry rules and regulations.
- Proficient and qualified to review the work of other professionals and perform milestone QA/QC reviews.
- Experience working in large multidisciplinary design teams and performing interdisciplinary plan reviews and coordination.
- PS&E Development.
- Solid track record of developing and maintaining client relationships.
- Strong communication skills for coordination with clients and team members
- An energetic individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
- Active participation in industry organizations such as APWA, WTS, ACEC, ASCE, etc.
OCI offers competitive pay, medical and dental insurance for the employee, 401K plan with company matching, vacation/sick/holiday pay, fully subsidized “Good to Go” pass, and profit sharing.
Our new team member will be someone who aligns with OCI’s core values of Professionalism, Collaboration and Creativity, Health and Well-Being, Laughter and Fun, Relationships, Growth and Learning. Some examples include:
- Taking initiative to provide the best experience for clients and coworkers.
- Working well in a team environment and contributing to ongoing strategic initiatives.
- Voicing their needs and encouraging others to do the same.
- Participating in office social events.
- Connecting with coworkers and clients for work purposes as well as social interaction.
- Developing their career by asking questions, offering suggestions, and building their skill sets with relevant training.