Location: Bellevue, Seattle, or Spokane WA.
Come join our team as a Transportation Drainage Project Manager!Osborn Consulting, Inc. (OCI) is a fast-growing full-service design firm providing civil engineering, landscape architecture, and urban design. From conceptual planning through design plans, specifications, and estimates (PS&E) and construction support, we provide a range of services for all phases of transportation, development, restoration, and mitigation projects. Since 2004, OCI has successfully delivered innovative projects for our clients, including local cities, counties, ports, tribal districts, neighborhood groups, as well as federal government agencies.
This position is an excellent career opportunity for the right individual who desires to make an impact in a privately-owned, small business. At OCI, we believe our success stems from every individual employee. We help you take control of your career and provide a path of growth opportunities along the way.
About the Role
Our new team member must be well-organized, thorough, and trustworthy, with excellent verbal and writing skills. In this role, we’ll count on you to:
- Serve as the lead to provide expertise for major projects, coordination and development of all project deliverables, including reports, presentations, databases, etc. and ensuring they meet all project requirements.
- Drive project execution activities to meet revenue and performance goals. Developing project scope and fee quotation and assisting in the preparation of proposals and contracts.
- Prepare and review technical memoranda, reports, drawings, specifications, and miscellaneous contract documents and deliverables.
- Provide quality engineering reports, calculations, basic illustrations and design drawings while implementing the firm’s project delivery standards.
- Coordinate work efforts and reviews of work performed by project team. Supervise and coordinate the work of others on projects to ensure proper and timely execution.
- Actively manage solutions for projects, ensuring compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices, clients and OCI standards.
- Develop project plans, specifications, and engineer estimates.
- QA/QC of work by others to ensure completeness and accuracy of team deliverables.
- Interface with clients and lead client development to help our practice.
- Mentor, and training junior staff in career and growth opportunities at OCI.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field required.
- Hold a Washington PE registration or be able to obtain within six months.
- 10-15 years of experience with planning, and implementation of civil design projects with project management experience preferred.
- Strong experience with managing drainage tasks on Washington State Department of Transportation projects, leading (managerial and technical) drainage design teams in the development of roadway, train guideway, and civil designs.
- Principles and practices of project design and design development using computer aided design software; MicroStation InRoads, AutoCAD Civil3D, MGSFlood, WWHM, SWMM, HEC-RAS, etc.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of state and local stormwater, wastewater, and/or surface water industry rules and regulations.
- Proficient and qualified to review the work of other professionals and perform milestone QA/QC reviews.
- Experience working in large multidisciplinary design teams and performing interdisciplinary plan reviews and coordination.
- PS&E Development.
- Strong communication skills for coordination with clients and team members
- Active participation in industry organizations such as APWA, WTS, ACEC, ASCE, etc.
OCI offers competitive pay, medical and dental insurance for the employee, 401K plan with company matching, vacation/sick/holiday pay, health and fitness stipend, cell phone stipend, fully subsidized transportation pass, and profit sharing.
What We Value
Our new team member will be someone who aligns with OCI’s core values of Professionalism, Collaboration and Creativity, Health and Well-Being, Laughter and Fun, Relationships, Growth and Learning.
Our Diversity and Inclusion
Osborn Consulting, Inc. (OCI) is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance completing the online application, please call 425-451-4009. Please leave a message and a member of our People Operations team will return your call within three business days. Alternatively, an email may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. “Applicant Accommodation” should be included in the subject line of the email. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an accommodation to apply for a job.
OCI participates in the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program.