Mid-Level Project Engineer
Location: Spokane, WA
Come join our team as a Mid-Level Project Engineer focused on Water Resource Projects! Osborn Consulting, Inc. (OCI) is a fast-growing full-service design firm providing civil engineering, landscape architecture, and urban design. From watershed planning to research to design plans, specifications, and estimates (PS&E) and construction support, we provide a range of services for all phases of transportation, development retrofits, permit compliance, and mitigation projects. Since 2004, OCI has successfully delivered innovative projects for our clients, including local cities, counties, ports, tribal districts, neighborhood groups, as well as federal government agencies.
This position is an excellent career opportunity for the right individual who desires to make an impact in a privately owned, small business. At OCI, we believe our success stems from every individual employee. We help you take control of your career and provide the path of growth opportunities along the way.
Our new team member must be well-organized, thorough, and trustworthy, with excellent verbal and writing skills. In this role, we’ll count on you to:
• Prepare and review reports, drawings, specifications, and other deliverables.
• Create figures, plan sheets, and drawings with AutoCAD and GIS software.
• Provide quality engineering calculations.
• Conduct site visits, collect data, and provide data analysis.
• Supervise and coordinate the work of others on projects to ensure proper and timely execution.
• Perform field work, data collection, and documentation for stormwater research projects.
• Create hydrologic and hydraulic models.
• Develop plans, specifications, and engineering cost estimates.
• Provide design solutions for projects within budget and time schedules, ensuring compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices, and client and OCI standards.
• Conduct literature searches and synthesize literature.
• Assist with NPDES MS4 permit compliance projects
• Provide support to the Project Manager for the coordination and development of all project deliverables, including reports, presentations, databases, etc. and ensuring they meet all project requirements.
• Provide Deputy Project Management support and task management on projects.
• QA/QC of work by others to ensure completeness and accuracy of team deliverables.
What We’re Looking For
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field required.
• Hold a Washington P.E. registration or be able to obtain within six months.
If you are interested in this position, please apply on our Careers website: www.OsbornConsulting.com.
• 5-7 years of experience in design, planning, and implementation of water resource design projects with project management experience preferred.
• Solid understanding of and experience applying the Washington State Municipal Stormwater NPDES permit requirements and Ecology Stormwater Manuals. Preference for applicants with eastern Washington experience.
• Experience with AutoCAD Civil3D, MicroStation, INRoads, ArcGIS or QGIS, SWMM, HEC-RAS, MGSFlood, WWHM, StormShed
• Proficient and qualified to review the work of other professionals and perform milestone QA/QC reviews.
• Enthusiasm for water resource projects
• Knowledge and understanding of rules and regulations that inform design.
• Active participation in industry organizations such as APWA, WTS, ACEC, ASCE, etc.
What We Offer
OCI offers competitive pay, medical and dental insurance for the employee, 401K plan with company matching, vacation/sick/holiday pay, health and fitness stipend, parking stipend, and profit sharing.
What We Value
Our new team member will be someone who aligns with OCI’s core values of Professionalism, Collaboration and Creativity, Health and Well-Being, Laughter and Fun, Relationships, Growth and Learning.
Our Diversity and Inclusion
OCI is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance completing the online application, please call 425-451-4009. Please leave a message and a member of our People Operations team will return your call within three business days. Alternatively, an email may be sent to email@example.com. “Applicant Accommodation” should be included in the subject line of the email. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an accommodation to apply for a job.
OCI participates in the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program.